wibiya widget

Monday, October 17, 2011

I made it to California and back again :)



Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers while I made my trip out to California for the Calvary Pastors' Wives Conference earlier this month. It was so wonderful having a time to listen to the Lord and see some very dear friends. The theme of the conference was "SIMPLY GRACE" and I was so blessed by the reminder that it is only by his grace that we can live our lives as Jesus calls us--and His grace is exceedingly more than we even need! I have been reminded to pray and ask Jesus for the grace I need to be a mom, a friend, a wife...in the little and big things in my life. Right now, that means asking for grace to care for a sick family. Grace to respond in love, grace to not complain or grow weary, and grace to continue spending time in His Word. All of this is a failure when I try to do it all on my own, or think I can manage to "muster up" the will to do it. I NEED His grace in me every day. Good reminder.



You can still be praying for Daniel and the kids. All of them appear to have the real "flu" or something very similar. 


I also need to mention that Liz Rush and I managed a tornado excursion to Downtown Disney for dinner our first night there. :) We both met up at LAX and whirlwinded it to Anaheim and had a blast in the Disney mecca. :) SO much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment