wibiya widget

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My friend, Tom Rush



My road to Florida was awesome, but one of things that made it great was getting to visit a number of really good friends along the way. Originally we were going to go the south route to Florida from Washington, BUT we changed our entire route so we could see the Rush family in Eastern Washington and my sister and her family in Montana. We are really good friends with Tom & Liz and their little ones, Bonnie and Daniel (I am pretty sure they named their son after me:). They have been serving in Aberdeen, Washington for many years at Harbor Calvary Chapel but recently got called to Walla Walla, Washington to pastor a church.  The church is called Calvary Fellowship Walla Walla. You can check out the website at www.calvaryfellowshipww.com

Tom and I have been praying for each other for a long time as we have both been desiring to start churches. So when he asked me to come over to his new land and visit his new church on my way to Florida, it was a no-brainer…it was southeast even if it was only a few hours away:) They welcomed my three friends and me into their new home our first night, and we were able to visit their church and meet the people they are serving in Walla Walla. The timing was perfect as we were able to be there for a Sunday morning and I was able to teach.  It was so encouraging to be able to teach people that I had been praying for and I really felt like I knew them even though we had never met. You can listen to that message by clicking this link http://www.calvaryfellowshipww.com/Topical_Messages/Entries/2011/7/31_Daniel_Guest_message.html. It was great to be able to serve there with my friend Tom and see how God has answered our prayers.


Being able to see how God brought that church and answered our prayers is amazing and so exciting, but my friend still needs prayer. So I would like to invite you to pray for him with me as he serves the Lord in Walla Walla. My prayer is that Walla Walla would be known more for the kingdom of God than for the wine and delicious onions! Here are some things I pray for Tom and his family and would love if you could join with me.

PRAYER REQUESTS FOR THE RUSH FAMILY
-That they would continue to fall more in love with Jesus
-That many lives would be transformed thru Calvary Fellowship’s ministry
-That Tom and Liz would get some new friends as they just moved to the area
-That Tom would be discipling a few men from the church
-For their kids, Bonnie & baby Daniel, salvation and protection
-That the lost would be saved and discipled thru Calvary Fellowship’s ministry
-For protection of their whole family
-That Tom would have favor from men as he serves Jesus
-That Tom would do well at his nursing job and be a good witness at work
-For their marriage and that Tom and Liz would be serving together with unity

No comments:

Post a Comment